Sunday 8 January 2012

Question 6 - Looking back at my prelim task, what have I learnt in the progression from that to the final product?




Looking back at our prelim I was not disappointed one bit, I thought as a group we worked hard and efficiently to the time we had. We did have a few slip ups and the project was not immaculate but I feel we executed the project well under the conditions and time we had.
The bad elements in the prelim exercise where it was not as fluent as we wanted, also another problem we faced out footage cut out early on one of the shots due to battery drainage this only led us to trying to continue the next shot of the conversation from the second word which meant it was quite obvious in the final piece, apart from that the prelim exercise was a success.
During the prelim exercise all of our members in the group where not very knowledgeable on different types of camera shots so most of the shots where based on our little knowledge and improvisation. Throughout the course we have had the time to study into many areas and in this process it releases tips and studying into famous films gives you an idea of what an effective shot consists of. Since the prelim we only knew 50% of making a good bit of footage and that was the filming, soon in between we have been introduced into editing software which supplies many professional tools to enhance your footage and give it the finishing touches.
I have took a lot from this course and it really has given me an insight of what its like to be directing a film and some of the stages your left in charge with to create a successful project. It has gave me the confidence to work with different variety of software and the confidence to really explain why I like a film that has been published into the big wide world, I feel I have learnt the basics to filming and planning and now I can understand relate to very well known films.
Now i can proudly present our groups film opening 'Hidden'

No comments:

Post a Comment