Sunday 8 January 2012

Question 3 - What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?




DreamWorks: I had a problem with the history and specialties in their genre. This company are known for cartoon/animations to please the younger youth of today. They have published films such as; Shrek, Kung Fu Panda which are very famous films but not in the audience we are aiming our film at.


Paramount: The company produces films more to our targeted age group creating such films as; Paranormal Activity and Hugo. The company has a high factor of professionalism and produces very high standard quality films. I have good reason to debate to use this to distribute our film as most of the concepts match ours.



Universal: This company also targets our age ranging. Universal is well known however has published the likes of; cowboys and aliens, tower heist which I feel are not as well known as some of the films other companies are producing so on this note I will not be using this company to distribute our film due to it not having such a bit following or popularity the other companies have to offer.




20th Century Fox: One of the most famous institutional companies around this this day. Supplies great entertainment to a range of different genres that have become very successful. This company offers huge publicity, an audience in our targeted age range and have specialties in our genre. This was the official on we all agreed to have due to the amount it was offering and how much our film had in common with some of the films the company has distributed.





Because we had my knowledge in a software called cinema 4d I was able to create a basic institutional logo of my own. It was no where near a top standard however I thought it necessary to show off the fact we could make our own animated company logo. Below I will publish the animated clip I had created and also my static logo design I also created for our group in Photoshop CS5.





- List of resources I used to find out my institutional logo information:

Our group used a combination of both our own and 20th century fox institutional logo as we found the need to share our skills but to also show that we had researched into different companies and pick the one that suited our genre and target audience. We also feel using just our company logo none of the viewers would have had the feel of professionalism from when they first see the institutional logo as it’s the first film under our group name whereas using 20th century fox the viewer instantly knows just by the population of the company what genre it will be based around, its rating of film and what audience it will be targeted for.






No comments:

Post a Comment