Thursday 27 October 2011

Gravitational Studios - Logo Design

I was left in charge of the logo design. I used a software called Photoshop CS5.

First i had to create a file with a reasonable size to work on with a logo.


Next step was to create a background that would give meaning and that i could work on. I used a gradient change from dark grey to black, as we are doing a detective film opening i want to give of the feel of mystery.

Soon after i created a font i felt was necessary to our genre and our name. I used a skinny and neat font to give of the feel of its light because our name is 'Gravitational Studios'. I also felt the need to make a bald black outline to still attract the eye to make up for the font not being as bald. This also creates a 3d effect.

I used many layers and effects to create this logo. You will also see white on the screen shot. The white paint represents the spot lights.

Soon after i felt the picture was near to being complete but needed a little colour just to draw your eye that little more but not to over do the design itself. I creates my own brush preset then soon started to place shapes in different sizes over the font with a decrease of opacity to make sure the font is still clear to the human eye then put a gradient of colours of the rainbow on to the shapes and this is my final design.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good to see, well done - glad to see you using Photoshop and a nice outcome, too.

    ReplyDelete